A Christmas Gift from Everett True – pt 1
I love Christmas songs. I love football songs, too.
Not unreservedly of course. That would be crazy talk. And I’m not quite ready to indulge in that yet. But I love the idea of imposin gartificial rules upon song-writing, and seeing how people react to them. Not least because most folk writing songs don’t have a fucking clue what to do when faced with the possibility of everything. So musicians need parameters like the rest of us. Whatever. Here’s the first part of my Christmas Gift to you. A mix tape.
Please note that the track-listing differs to the one below. Copyright considerations, and all that. Also, the compilations will be available for a limited period only. If you like any of the featured artists, please track back to their MySpace sites, record company home pages and the like, and show support by purchasing their music direct.
1. Low – Blue Christmas
2. Marvin Gaye – Purple Snowflakes
3. The Flaming Lips – A Change At Christmas Time (Say It Isn’t So)
4. John Prine – Christmas In Prison
5. The Waitresses – Christmas Wrapping
6. Ed’s Redeeming Qualities – Christmas In Vermont
7. Bright Eyes – White Christmas
8. Diana Ross & The Supremes – Just A Lonely Christmas
9. A Smile And A Ribbon – Heavenly Christmas
10. The Dirtbombs – My Last Christmas
11. Essential Logic – Do You Believe In Christmas?
12. Manic Street Preachers – Last Christmas (TFI Friday Performance)
13. Cynthia Dall – Christmas (California)
14. Ella Fitzgerald – The Christmas Song
15. Ginger Tom – The Christmas Song
16. The Sensational Alex Harvey Band – There’s No Lights On The Christmas Tree, Mother They’re Burning Big Louie Tonight
17. Saint Etienne – I Was Born On Christmas Day
EDITORIAL DISCLAIMER: These mix tapes are intended for private enjoyment only, not for any commercial use. If anyone featured on any of these mix tapes has any sort of objection to being featured thus, please contact us and we will of course immediately remove their music from public domain.