Daniel Johns turns ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ into a Coldplay song
Wow. I don’t know which is worse. The idea of Daniel Johns (the Chris Martin soundalike guy from national embarrassment Silverchair) covering ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ at a triple j party, the actuality of Daniel Johns (the whiny, wallpaper, Chris Martin soundalike guy from national embarrassment Silverchair) covering ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ with harp and piano at a triple j party, or those smug dickheads over at smug clickbait site BuzzFeed writing about the whole embarrassing scenario.
Let’s have a think about that, shall we?
1. Imagine that dickhead Daniel Johns turning ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ into a Coldplay song. Bad enough for you? Don’t proceed any further. (triple j’s new slogan: “Homogenising the nation’s taste for 40 years.)
2. Have a watch of this. Jesus fuck!
3. Read these smug dickhead words.
Johns sat at the piano and in front of 25,000 fans totally nailed Nirvana’s hit “Smells Like Teen Spirit”.
Watch and listen to his haunting version in what has become an already iconic rendition for Australia’s young people.
Well played Daniel Johns, well played.
Underneath the last line, they’ve published a photograph of Kurt (wearing my Daniel Johnston T-shirt) shaking his head in apparent awe at how amazing this smug Chris Martin wannabe twat is. The irony of having Cobain approve of something he would have fucking detested without a shadow of a doubt, being lost on these smug dickhead self-congratulatory twats. “Already iconic?” Fucking twats.
From Cobain wannabe to Martin wannabe in under two decades… it’s been a long bumpy journey of downs and downers and downs for Silverchair.
Fucking shame on you: triple j, Daniel Johns, Buzzfeed and any other cunt that has bought into this. Shame on you.
gerund or present participle: homogenising
1. subject (milk) to a process in which the fat droplets are emulsified and the cream does not separate. “homogenised milk”
2. make uniform or similar. “a homogenised society”
I have a feeling Kurt would have appreciated this cover version an awful lot more.
Pingback: TheVine - Kurt Cobain would've hated Daniel Johns' cover, but loved Taylor Swift - Trendingnewsz.com