Spotlight – 39: The Art Museums
I kind of had to give a shout-out to these guys. They’ve got to be the first band in existence to name The Legend! as an influence. And they’re pretty fucking good, in that early Television Personalities (first two albums) way – with shades of Silicon Teens, The O-Levels and Sportique (plus a little Flying Nun). Oh, and The Times before Edward Ball totally lost his way sometime around the (shrugs) mid-80s. I mean, they’re way better than you might think for a band who namecheck The Legend!
So, no. I wouldn’t have given them a shout-out at all if I hadn’t rated them.
Here they are. Go and make them feel loved. Heaven knows, The Legend! never did.
(A tug of the ET beard to Leighton of The Deadnotes for the recommendation.)
Share this post:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
by Everett True
My name is Everett True. I am a music critic. This is what I do. I criticise music. The clue is in my job description – music critic. I do not consider myself a journalist, as I do not research or report hard news. I do not consider myself a commentator as I believe that everyone should be a participant. I criticise people and in return I am not surprised if other people criticise me. It is part of the whole deal of being in the public arena. I am Everett True. Believe in me and I have power like a God. Quit believing in me and I no longer exist.